Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Crunch Time







I knew it was coming. I thought I was ready. But everywhere I look, there is evidence of... well...sloth.


You see, it's all over for me Tuesday morning. No more "Oh, I'll finish that up tomorrow." or "It's still too early to mulch the perennials for winter."....



"I'll finish planting the flower bulbs..."


just WHEN exactly????? After Tuesday morning, THERE WILL BE NO MORE DIGGING IN FLOWER BULBS !!!!!


It's Crunch Time. It's all over. What's not done, won't be getting done. I found myself foaming at the mouth...I had to have fresh clean sheets on the bed! The laundry had to all be done...the floors vaccumed, the dog shampooed and groomed....


WELL, WHAT WOULD YOU DO, IF YOU KNEW YOU'D BE BARELY ABLE TO GET YOURSELF TO THE TOILET THE NEXT TIME YOU CAME HOME??? Huh?!??!!!!


Nerves? NO.o.o.o.o.oooo huh uh. Not ME. I don't mind pain. At All. NOPE. I'm TOUGH.


(As long as the doc prescribes good drugs - I'll be just fine).





Tuesday morning - 11:00 - Miss Vic on the operating table....ever after will be known as NewKnees! ...I'll be setting off alarms at airports around the world, from a distance of 1/2 mile away!





Now! About YOU ! Yes, you! Don't you leave and forget about me, just because I go off missing for a couple weeks! I'm going to NEED you in the following weeks of recouperation. I'm going to need you all to listen to me whine and carry on as though I am the pioneer of the Journey Knee. Never has anyone else gone through such sacrifice and pain for the good of ALL humanity!



Or something like that.






Meanwhile, Back on The Ranch...........















































1 comment:

Scott said...

I for one will be here.
I know of knee pain and surguries, seven so far, still holding out on the replacement though!!!
Keep your head up and all will be well I am sure!!!

P.S. a couple glasses of wine make the pain meds work oh so much better!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Post a Comment