Monday, October 27, 2008

What Are You Reading?




When I return, I'm going to have more than enough time to read the "BEST BOOK" on everyone's reading list. Please, leave me a comment and tell me your favorite books.....your "must read next" list.......and what you are reading now! I just recently finished The Life of Edgar Sawtelle. All I can say is "OH MY!" (just read it !!!)


And I am now reading "The Shack". I'd heard so much about it, I bought it - twice. (duh).

I got home from the book store and went to stow my new books in the nest I've created next to my chair (where I'll ultimately spend LOTS of hours) and there it was! already. So I have 2 copies to share....The jury's still out on this one. ( One minute I love it. The next, I think it's poor writing....) You can decide for yourself!

-v






2 comments:

Scott said...

My favorite book is Frank Herbert's Dune. It is sci-fi but kinda not really, set 10,000 years in the future humans have banned "thinking machines" Very interisting study of religon and the environment, any how I am currently reading the Book of Mormon, I know, I know don't worry I just like to study other ideas and get different perspectives!!
I hope all went well Vic, and I look forward to your next post!!!

Heidilynn said...

Ok momma Vicki, a book for you to pick up, which may be totally different than anything you may have read is JEWEL OF MEDINA. This publication, by author Sherry Jones from Spokane, WA http://jewelofmedinabook.com/
of all places, has caused international stir, bombings, death threats, etc... I bought my copy off Amazon for $16.47! Not one to be all that interested in Muhammed and Islam, this book has caused me to consider what it was and what is has become. Give it a read and lets share thoughts. Love ya! Heidi

Post a Comment