Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Early Spring Project

One of my favorite past times is to restore abused furniture back to its original glory.
Recently, I picked up this little sleeper for a mear $275.00. I figure when I get it restored back to its original glory, it will be worth $1200.00, not that anyone will pry it from my hands after I spend all the old-fashioned elbow grease to get it cleaned up.



Here's my new little jewel.....residing not in the shop where it should be...but in my bedroom!
Well....this is where the big herculean high school football player dropped it, and, well...it's right where I cannot ignore it's need to be finished.


Not everyone would be adventuresome enough to put an antique buffet in their bedroom. But it fits beautifully under the huge window in my bedroom. Well, I use the word "beautifully" in a loose tense right now. But it has HUGE potential! And it will hold extra bed linens or just imagine stacking those bulky sweaters and jeans in those cool side cupboards. (Cupboards??? Another term I'm using loosely, this post!)
Stand by for future pictures showing the results of my little beauty. And the best thing about it? Huggs approves and likes it! And he likes the fact that having a project ejects me right out of my winter doldrums! So ONWARD! wood restorers of the world - now go down to the basement or up in the attic; grab that old beauty and get started with your own late winter project. Summers' going to be here with all its "busy-ness" soon enough, and there wont be time for it THEN, so get started now, and enjoy the ride!


I would personally like to slap the hands of whoever caused all the water damage to the top of this lovely old buffet. And to whoever caused the two cigarette burns to the top...there are no words kind enough for this G-rated BLOG. So I am sanding away. And manicures? Forget about it!
Hugs, Miss Vicki