Thursday, December 11, 2008

Okay, I Have A Question










Okay, I Have A Question.

Let's say we have this little cedar box in front of us ...It is say 5" x 4" wide ... You can actually smell the aroma of the cedar in the wood of the box ... In the top of the box is engraved this absolutely beautiful rose ...The box has a little metal latch on it ... the lid is closed on the box. ..and on the latch is this little metal lock ... the top of the box is locked. Inside that box ... contains all your wants, your desires and your needs ... someone like me comes along with this long, golden key that has beautiful designs engraved in the key ... I insert the key into the lock and turn the key slowly ... slowly turn the key some more ... slowly turn the key some more ... and then ... finally ...the lock ratchets and springs open...we take the lock off the latch and open the latch ... we open the top of the box and look inside ...and there for the first time in your life are all your wants, your desires and your needs ... things you have been DREAMING about since you were a child ... and they finally become true ... and you, for the first time in your life feel this absolutely wonderful feeling of completeness and warmth and love ... ok ... the question is ... What was buried deep in that little box?


I welcome your comments.


In the meantime, back at the ranch....



2 comments:

Didi (Dioncia) Von Bargen-Miles said...

Wow that's deep......
other than longer thinner legs... and some silly material stuff.... can't really think of much- and world peace seems too trite to say.....
I don't know- I know that my life is so good and so full that I don't want for much of anything at all.

Will have to ponder some more......

Heidilynn said...

Gracious that was a thinker there...good thing I had plenty of coffee this morning. What was in that box? If you had asked me in 2004, I would have said intense loss. Period. Today I say my freedom, my health, my sanity, my life, the real me at the price of intense loss. I needed to open that box many years before yet I finally had my courage in 2004. The courage from God and my Thomas.2004- My life changing year. Not a day goes by that I do not reflect upon the year 2004 and all that transpired. I know I would not be the person I am today, or have what I do today both with love & [material] things, if I had not opened that box. My life is so much better for having opened and set free everything. I prefer to think I leave that box opened now, and fill it with memories of my new life and memories of that loss. Keeps me humble & thankful everyday. Love ya!!

Post a Comment