Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa lives here..



Santa Lives HERE !
This is the beautiful
Prenite and Peridot
and Sterling Silver
necklace I had created
for daughter Di for
Christmas...(yeah, I
know...she could read
this blog and ruin the
whole surprise....)
But, I already did that.

I can't help it.
I've never been good
at keeping surprises!



It was all I could do to wait until the package arrived in Seattle....


Then when she had the package in front of her, we're on the
phone, and I'm saying: "OPEN IT! OPEN IT !"

Well, part of my excuse is that she has at least three Christmas
parties coming up...
at least three occassions to GLOW beautifully in this little lovely.
Now, I know I got the world's worst pix of this little beauty.
The light was just AWFUL in the kitchen that night...and I'd
already sealed the blasted thing and had it addressed and ready
to post, when I remembered I wanted to take a picture of it to
show my sister.....(duh).

So I ripped the bloomin' package open and got the best shot I
could get....yeah, I know it's a sucky photo. BUT> I just happen
to know a professional photographer that has access to this piece
of jewelry, and she may be persuaded to get a great shot of it.
Maybe, somehow she can have someone take the shot of HER,
wearing the little jewels.

Hum.m.m.m.m.m.???




AND THEN !!!!!

"Little Betty Baker" decided
this was THE DAY to make
Christmas candy....My haircut
wasn't scheduled until 2:00...
I could get the caramel done by then,
me thinks...(that's what I get for
thinking.)

It was 9 AM when I started...
I figured I would have the caramel done
by noon, then finish by making turtles...
You know, pecans, caramel and fudge over
the top. groan
I didn't take into account that the temps were in the low twenties this morning
with a horrendous windchill of minus 30 in my kitchen.
(remember: log house. yeah....drafty little beastie.)

Well, all good deeds done well....The caramel finally hit the medium
soft ball stage at 1:35 and I literally flew out the door at twenty till
2:00 with no time to drag my sore leg.

Miss Vicki talking to self: just suck it up, dearie.
you can have pain meds when we get back....you CANNOT MISS
THIS APPOINTMENT OR YOU'LL LOOK LIKE A DOG FOR CHRISTMAS!!

woof.


NOW...After my haircut...., with caramel cooled in the pans instead
of over the pecans in the candy papers, where I wanted them.
(humph), I had to assemble them one at a time.

Oh well, what else did I have to do on a lovely winters day ,
ONE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS?

However, uhm. thhey thurmed out yustt yummie,... gulp.

(Don't you just wish you were on my Christmas list?????)


Meanwhile.....back at the ranch...

Miss Vic