Thursday, April 9, 2009



Sometimes a girl just has to get out of the house and go to lunch with the girls, right?

Well, my Bud, Annie and I have this favorite little bakery that we love to sneak away to. It's in a very small village about 35 minute drive from our little ranch, and Annie and I slip down there...oh..about once a month or so, I guess. It has the most AMAZING food...on fresh, daily baked breads of your choice. I usually opt for this wonderful roasted garlic bread, while Annie usually goes for a calamata olive or a dried tomato bread.









Only this time, she ordered the special, which was on a croissant.....yeah, well, it didn't EVEN compare to MY sandwich. But it's NOT REALLY ABOUT THE SANDWICH at all...It's REALLY about the salad....uh huh. yeah. Baby spinach leaves, with mandarin oranges, slivered almonds...and the dressing....oh! the dressing. Let me just tell you- it's better than sex.
No REALLY. I mean it ! It a yogurt dressing flavored with fresh orange juice and poppy seeds. I'm still trying to re-create it perfectly. (I'll let you know when I've got it just right).
Sadly, it might take me a few more trips to our favorite bakery to sample the dressing. You know. It's all in the name of research, right??? RIGHT?

Just look at this place! The owners purchased a horrible old store in a mostly forgotten little town on the Reservation. They gutted it, (to say the least), and then lovingly recreated a lovely little place of total comfort. They are constantly baking, so there's these wonderful aromas floating in from the bakery....there are wonderful breads, and donuts, and croissants. The dears will slice your bread as you wait, if you prefer....and you can indulge in a cafe' latte, or lunch on a sandwich or soup de jour.....sigh. Or you can shop for the perfect teapot or fancy teacup while you're here. (Friend Laura, this is where your "going-away" teapot came from.)



Just check out this incredible back bar. Don't y'all just want to add on to your abode, just so you can add a back bar like this beauty? And check out those tin ceiling tiles. Ah.h....
I swear, I should have been born 100 years ago, when all of this was common. I just feel so at home in a place such as this. And I would prefer to wear the yards and yards of fabric and lace that one would wear to afternoon tea.
What a lovely place to spend a leisure afternoon with a good friend! Thanks Andrea! And come home soon, so we can road trip back to the bakery!
Meantime...back at the ranch.....



3 comments:

Lupi said...

Awesome!! So what is the name of this lovely place??!!

Miss Vicki said...

Lupi, I'm not sure I know the name..isn't that weird?!? But it's the Kamiah Bakery in Kamiah, Idaho.
Thanks for your interest in my BLOG site. Why don't you register as a follower of my BLOG? We always like to see who we're talking to. And I love the interaction with my readers.
Thanks, Miss Vic

Miss Vicki said...

Oops, Lupi! I guess you already registered to follow along with my insanity BLOG. Thank You again. Jot me a line anytime!
Miss Vic

Post a Comment