Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Touch of Spring

As spring comes slowly to this mountain prairie, I'm finding snow geese resting alongside the roadway, on their long migration north.
And small pockets of early spring Buttercups that push their fragile stems through the late spring snows....to give children and Grandmothers hope of coming warmer weather.

Here, I found a tiny clump growing between the rocks of the ancient old roadbed that curves through our property....one of my favorite landmarks, here: A handplaced rock wall that supports the original roadbed through the canyon where we live...and where my Grandparents lived before us....and pray God, our Grandchildren will live in years to come.
Ah.h.h.hhhhh ......Life here on the ranch......

Miss Vicki

2 comments:

Bears Fan said...

I love these lil signs of spring!

Miss Vicki said...

Thanks, Tracy! It's nice to know you're out there! -v

Post a Comment